Thursday, August 13, 2026

An American Werewolf in London (1981) - Newspaper Ad [San Francisco Examiner]

August 13, 1981
Some lucky souls were able to see and enjoy a special sneak preview of An American Werewolf in London "on the eve of the full moon." I hope that each and every one of them had as much fun as I did, when I saw the film at the Century in Hayward, during its regular engagement.

My only real complaint about the film was that the werewolf was never shown with all that much lingering clarity.  We are just given glimpses and flashes of it. The best of which, for me, was when the gigantic beast, and it is indeed gigantic, approaches the escalator.

I think that is the very first glimpse of the beast the viewer is given and, dude, did my fourteen-year-old jaw drop to the floor when that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment