But nobody cared and I was allowed to join another raucous crowd (well, I remember it as being raucous) of hooting and hollering at the explosion of silliness and sleaze getting splattered across the screen. While I enjoyed the movie, the group I was with did not. So it goes.
Just the ramblings, observations, opinions, memories, and memorabilia of a Gen X Horror Geek.
Thursday, May 7, 2026
Nightmare (1981) - Newspaper Ad [Oakland Tribune - May 7, 1982]
Seeing this on a double-bill with Dead & Buried at the Alameda Southshore Twin provided yet another memorable movie going experience for me. Because it was unrated, and I could be something of a stickler for to-the-letter rule following, I was certain that I would be forbidden from buying a ticket. Seeing that no one under 17 would be admitted, "due to the violent nature of [the] film." And I would have been all of 14 at the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
%20-%20Oakland_Tribune_1982_05_07_43.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment